Wednesday 17 March 2021

I Got the Shot

 

Friday, March 12, 2021

 

So, my impulsive self got the Vaccine yesterday.

Of course as always, my overthinking part swooped in right after. A lot of what ifs so I went where I go when that happens. Google. And guess what? The first thing I found was Austria had suspended administering the vaccine. Worse still, after refreshing, a new article popped up, Denmark had also suspended the administration of the vaccine. Now my heart was pounding, I am going to die.

I decided to read the articles, one death in each of the two countries. I don’t know why but there was a little sigh of relief which didn’t last long of course. I mean my brain was in full panic mode, “what was I thinking, why did I do it, what will happen, I’m not ready to die” (throughout the pandemic I’ve been in panic mode over dying and it hasn’t been easy.)

Anyways, I kept reading the articles, it talked of Batch ABV 5300 being the one distributed in Europe and so on. I quickly googled Malawi AstraZeneca Vaccine and it the news articles I found kept mentioning that it came from India. I quickly scribbled, India AstraZeneca and there it was, they were producing the Vaccine too, there was a glimpse at the mention of the developer being 24 or 21, I need to check that one out again. Another sigh of relief, odd I know but hey, needed all the wins I could get. By this time, I was home and on a call with my confidante who happened to offer the right solution at that point, conversation.

 It will be silly of me not to mention that immediately after the vaccine I suspected pain behind my ears which of course was due to the fact that I’d had my mask on whole day. Hahaha

Anyways, I eventually managed to sleep around 12:30am. I think I had been waiting for the fever that most people had reported to have experienced after getting the shot. The fever didn’t happen. That was my day one.

Today, I woke up, I was okay, physically, but my brain was still on alert. There’s a little pain on my arm, just below where the shot was taken. But that’s normal with injections I think. I’ve had a couple of shots that hurt, case in point, the Tetanus Vaccine.

Fun fact, I had hoped it will stop my periods, at least one month. That didn’t happen. Aunt flo is here, same as always. I had been a bit constipated and had diarrhoea today, but when my periods usually come with diarrhoea, and I’ve been taking hot (warm) water pre-breakfast and I had just finished a mug of sugarless hot tea so there’s that. Basically, I’m saying I still feel ok.

 

I have to say, it has been a bad day for me mentally but I feel okay physically. I will keep you updated on what happens next.

 

I’m still scared, especially about the clots. I am also still reading and I have to say, the conflicting information is a bit scary but somehow it is helping me. They are still investigating what might have been the cause. I hope I will be okay.


Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Tomorrow it will be a week since I got the jab. So far I haven't felt anything different with my body. I'm still observing myself.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment